Friday, April 25, 2008

One of These Days


One of these days, I'm going to actually make something with my stamps, but in the meantime I cannot bring myself to cut up my sample sheets. Before I got into making illustrations for stamps, it never even occured to me that stamps were available in any other form than mounted on a wooden block. The fact that my samples come on perfectly unmarred sheets makes me want to keep them in their plastic cases forever, or hang them on my wall or something.

For now I'm just getting a kick out of seeing what other people do with the Doodle Factory guys. I admit it, I'm a stamping narcissist and I can't wait till the fairy tale guys start popping up around the blogosphere.

4 comments:

  1. www.starvingartistamps.com5:41 PM

    if you cut it up, I promise to send you another sheet so you can hang it on your wall and oogle it!

    no more excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, do I ever feel honored to have heard from the DoodleFactory creator herself...Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about my DF interpretation!!! You can't imagine how much I enjoy your designs... they are whimsical, hilarious and in a world full of copy-cat images, truly ORIGINAL! Please, please, please...keep your doodles coming - you're making a LOT of people smile and we stampers are so lucky to have you and your insanely fun images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, send me your sheets and have Starving Artistamps send you new ones...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete