Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cheeky Monkey is a Flying Pig

After months and months of saying I would, I've finally put ink to rubber to paper and created my very first, my very own Doodle Factory card*!


Yesterday my friend and I walked to the amazing public library in Downtown LA and borrowed a bunch of goodies. Since I was home alone last night, I popped in the "Freaks and Geeks" DVD and got to work on a card featuring that mischievous monkey from the Tropics set. After a quick eyelash implant, Moki became a "Mokette" or maybe a "Mokini".

Then I let the cats play with "her", and they made her mascara run. :(



Finally, I quit monkeying around (har har) and put together THIS card, which I already said I was going to make in an earlier post. Since I'm not used to cutting and pasting the MANUAL way (no command+Z!), I had a bit of a spacing issue and had to break the long fake hawaiian word into three short fake hawaiian words. Raise your hand if you have no clue what this card is saying.



This photo is a little disappointing. Somehow I think it looks better in person and I think its because you can't see all the magical sparkles. I even tried to take this close up, but magical sparkles don't want you to steal their essence and refuse to be photographed. Anyway, Tracey had sent me these WONDERFUL copic glitter pens from her shop and I had such a blast using them in conjunction with my old prismacolors. Who knew glitter could be so much fun?? Too bad you can't see the sparkle. Next time I'm scanning these :(



*I actually made more than one card, but who knows when this sort of lightning will strike again, so I'm going to drag out revealing these for at least a couple of posts. Stay Tuned!

4 comments:

  1. hahah! Great post and a wonderful card! Someone should invent a glitter cam - so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...you are so good. Only one card and already you realize that ist's all about the glitter. And the shopping. There's always the shopping!

    Love the cards, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I can't believe that this is your first card, how come? It's a great card and I just love Moki! I love all your stamps and I'm just about to order some more from Tracey, I think I will go for the full sheet animal collection, they are so great. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe! Nice card!! 8) The "Moki" stamp is awesome! :) Must have! ;)
    Keep up the gOOd wOrk! :)

    ReplyDelete