Friday, June 13, 2008

Lucky Friday the 13th



I'm sure the one or two souls who might happen upon this blog already know, but the new Doodle Factory "TROPICS" set has been sent to the engraver and will be available to order at starvingartistamps.com very soon!

I already have an idea for a card I want to do for that features Moki, the monkey (seen above). Tracey had the silly song Pumba sings from the Lion King whistling through her head when she first saw him, but all I could think of was the juvenile faux-hawaiian statement: Kamanawanalei'a (sound it out if you don't get it). I think my boyfriend would appreciate a card like that.

In other, irrelevant, Friday the 13th news: I've been named a "Star Performer" at my day job. It's supposedly a prestigious recognition - 13 people were nominated out of 700 for this award. Ah, a new set of stamps on the line and a gold star - It's good to be me today!

9 comments:

  1. I love the latest batch of your Doodle Factory images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, geez...Kamanawanalei'a?!??! I feel like I'm 12 again because I giggle everytime I think of it. I sooo need to make one of those cards for my DH. Tee hee.

    Oh yeah, and I've fallen in love with your images...they just keep getting better and better. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wanted to say that I really loooove your stamps - they are so great!! They sort of just make the cards by them selves in some weird way. Can't wait to see the new batch!
    (My real name is Eva Andrén, but my alias is "Muffin". It comes from my oldest niece not being able to pronounce "moster", which means "aunt" when she was about two years old.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all would like to say that I love your stamps. I really look forward to see the new ones.
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. your stamps are just fantastic!

    jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So are you saying this is actually a STAMPED card??? A REAL STAMPED CARD and not just some digitally enhanced pseudo card? It's happened, you finally broke the seal! Im so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no, the image in this post is a digital fabrication. The IDEA for the card I want to do with the monkey is still in my head :/ *eep*

    ReplyDelete
  8. www.starvingartistamps.com8:38 AM

    LOL, ok so pigs have NOT started to fly. All is right in the world! I hear that might change this weekend though... hummm?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, my girl Moki has been ordered! I couldn't wait for the set to be available as individual stamps. Then, b/c I wanted too much of that set, I found someone who loved my cards with the dragons/robots to go in halvies with me on a full set of Tropics and one of the Tropic sentiment sets! Yeah for me.

    ReplyDelete