Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Stamping on Clay

I've been taking a ceramics class after work three nights a week for the past 3 weeks. Last week I stamped Zot into a giant coffee mug I'd formed. It's hand thrown since we haven't learned the wheel yet, so it is full of imperfection and not yet done. Below is a photo of the "bisqued" piece - before the glaze and final firing. I think Zot may have disappeared in my heavy-handed glazing as I seemed to have a hard time with glazing in general last night. Ah well, we'll see what comes out of the kiln in a couple of days.


And just because, here is a photo of my kitty Toby. He's usually very wide-eyed and happy looking, but the fish-hat (aka the kitty torture device) has brought out the "Tobias" in him.

6 comments:

  1. That mug is the best coffeemug I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love your coffee mug!! Right now I'm looking forward to getting my own Tobias. I ordered the full sheets animal and urban from Tracey last week and I'm so hoping they will have reached my mailbox when I get home from work today. Is there any possibility of you producing som new holiday stamps for x-mas this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if Tracey is going to have me make another Christmas set (there's already this small one: http://starvingartistamps.com/doodlefactory_winter_set.html) but I can say there will be new Halloween stamps this year. Or actually I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say, but I guess the cat's out of the bag now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEeeek! I can see the Swedish stamping mafia is invading the doodle factory blog too ;)

    Love your mug - it's just tooo cute and fun! ALMOST as cute as your cranky cat in his fish hat. *LOL* Thanks for the smile you put on my face!

    ..and thanks for all the sweet comments you leave in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. COOL!!
    I think he looks great.
    I hope he surrivives firing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA HA! we have the same cat - maybe they're siblings!

    ReplyDelete