Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Mike's Mice



Sometimes I like to ask my boyfriend to draw with me when I'm working on a new set. Cartoon doodles aren't really his "style" (he's more of a fine artist) but his drawings always make me smile. He drew these guys while I was making the Halloween set.

And just for fun, check out these silly sketches he made a while back. I told him to draw a series called "Troubled Dreams", inspired by my cat Trouble. Back then Trouble was a skinny whip of a cat who was dwarfed by my alpha-cat Toby. Three years later, just about all of Troubles Dreams have come true!





8 comments:

  1. HA! these are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a talented artist your boyfriend is - I just love his paintings! *jumping back to his website and admiring his work again and again*

    So now I understand even more why you chose that apartement, it's like a studio for you both...isn't it?

    Your children (if you'll ever have any) are going to be amazing artists, I'm sure!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starving Artistamps5:41 AM

    LOL, these are great! Love the mouse in the football gear. Love the Trouble drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How freaking fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Those are just so cuuute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really great, please have your boyfriend make rubber stamps as well..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. always glad to get new doodles! Thanks for the discount link!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:09 AM

    i remember those trouble drawings! i love how toby is invariably leaping away in trouble's fantasies.

    -freyja

    ReplyDelete