Monday, October 20, 2008

Distraction

I JUST sent Tracey my drawings for the next set (finally!) but I think she's still traveling back from her latest show, which means I'll have to post SOMETHING ELSE to keep myself from giving you all an illegal sneak peek before it's official.

So, in the interest of distraction, here are a few photos from my vacation. We started on the Big Island of Hawaii (where I grew up and lived for 18 years), then to Oahu for where I also spent several years of my life.


We did an easy 3 mile hike in the Volcanoes National Park (one of my favorite places in the world). The trek started out easy and sunny enough, but within minutes we were walking through sheets of rain. Eventually it cleared and the view from the top of the lava cone we climbed was gorgeous.






We went from rainforests and lava fields to beaches and turtles.


There were about 150 more photos, but I won't bore you with the rest of them. Stay tuned for a real DF update soon, very soon!

7 comments:

  1. what?!? bore us?! are you kidding?! first of all, these pics are gorgeous & quite a tease! please (pretty please) share more! second of all, you are beautiful! why have you been hiding your face from us?! thirdly, what's up with not showing your bf?! I wanna see him! ok enough of me being needy/nosy. tfs! can't wait for DF stuff!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Can't wait til I can make my way out to Hawaii for the first time. The pictures are just breath taking.

    You sure you can't "slip" on a DF tease? hahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, I would so love to go to Hawaii. Also, how nice to finally see a picture of you! Hey, come and see x-mas Yapples in my blog...;) Can't wait to see the new stamps!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej you!! I'm oh sooo looking forward to those christmas doodle stamps!

    Lovely pictures there...I don't know what's the most beautiful, the sunset or you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah! I can not wait to see the new line!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics, it looked like an amazing vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Sand, sun, and salt water make me HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete