Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pink & Green Island Paperie Challenge

After suffering through a miserable post-christmas flu, I finally felt up to a challenge last night - but only the type involving ink and paper, no heavy lifting.

To celebrate their new online opening, the Maui-based scrapbook store Island Paperie is hosting a challenge to create any paper-based project drawing inspiration from this pink and green hibiscus paper from their signature line.

I grew up in Hawaii, so of course I had to make an attempt (plus who doesn't want to win $25 in paper supplies?). I don't currently own any Island Paperie products, so I used my own mix of papers gussied up with cuttlebug embossments.


Stamps used: Leaves from the DoodleFactory Birds N Fish set
Moki, the hula-dancing monkey from the DoodleFactory Tropics set.

If you'd like to participate, find all the rules [HERE]

2 comments:

  1. Moki is looking so cute here, and looking like she is having a wonderful time!! Great card, Irene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, delightful! Love the whimsical feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete