Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Yikes, I have to wipe the cobwebs off this journal since I've ignored it for so long. I spent the first weeks of the new year in a sick haze and haven't been able to do much of anything. Everytime I thought I was over the worst of it, I'd fall back into a fit of dizzying coughs and wheezy misery.

Today, I polished off another set of Doodle Factory stamps, but I'm sworn to secrecy as usual. You'll see them soon enough, but for now I can only give you a very vague clue hidden somewhere in these photographs I took around the apartment tonight.


Last week Michael brought me some flowers to cheer me up during my illness. I didn't photograph them while they were alive, but they still look pretty in their demise.


These little bonsai trees came as a christmas and birthday gift from my mother. I had this on my Amazon Wishlist and they came packed tightly in a box full of styrofoam peanuts. The UPS guy didn't leave proper notice, so the poor little trees actually sat in their box with our security guard for an extra three days. Miraculously, they were green and healthy and perfectly intact despite their days of darkness.


This is another new arrival in our apartment. Also a gift, but one to myself from myself. Even though I will never use it for brewing, I could not resist this cute teapot when I saw it on the Pre-Christmas sale table at Anthropologie. Oh! I also bought myself the most beautiful bird plate for $3, which is now a trinket holder on my bedside table, but I forgot to take a picture of that.


And finally, I leave you with the view through our living room window. Why? I don't know...Why not ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment