Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Robots in Space

[click for larger]

I made this card for a challenge Nina issued on the scrapaddicted blog. This card is rare because it is one of the few I've made that I'm not super critical about. I'm actually happy with the way it turned out and the only thing I might have changed is to move the text to the inside of the card.

I used my stamps from the Doodle Factory Urban set, with a few modifications. For one thing, Bloop (the robot on the right) is usually a pouting "boy" character, but I gave "her" a happy little make-over by masking out the frowny face and drawing in a blushing smile, eyelashes and a heart. The city skyline was shortened a bit and I placed a piece of transparency paper over the top in an attempt to make it look like a space city enclosed in a dome.

The paper I used had a black tree ring pattern and I highlighted some of the lines with my white pen to give the look of a martian landscape. I love that white gel pen! I also used it to make the stars and handwritten sentiment.

14 comments:

  1. Totally fantastic! I love all the doodling on the card! :) You're putting me to shame! Stop making such awesome cards! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love your martian landscape. You are a master with that white gel pen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! wow! wow! your card is just amazing! I love it. it is suuuuper gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Irene!! YOU are out of this world! That card is amazing - your best ever! And I love Bloop as a girl...too cute! ;)
    Thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Irene! This card is truly awesome, I love everything about it. You really are a super card maker!! No use in joining this challenge any more...;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW!! :D

    That card is totally awesome!! Soo cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! I can't believe I still haven't stamped these cute robots yet!! I adore your space scene & handwritten sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh....this is amazing and fantastic, Irene!! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap!! That a lovely card!!!I am so in love in your Doodeles !!!!
    i Did a card with nina stamps for my card in that challege.... how is one other stamp designer i muh like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:11 AM

    Amazing and fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning--Out of this world amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool! Perfect scene for the little guys.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete