Monday, January 19, 2009

Something Old, Something New

I've had the latest Doodle Factory Stamps cut and mounted for the longest time, with no time or energy to do anything with them. Actually, I made this first card on one of my sick days, but I consider it a "Reject" because I made several mistakes I wish I could fix.


I really wanted a lacy-doily edging for this Valentine-esque card, but I didn't have any lace or doily paper. I figured I'd make my own by cutting a border with my scallop scissors and small hole punch. Nice idea, not so great execution. I also tried to use the new Flower Soft goodies I got from StarvingArtistamps and it looks pretty cool, but I should have gone with a more vibrant color. I think the only thing I'm happy with is the coloring on Malbec, the swinging monkey (from the Valentines Remix set).

Today I made another card which uses the little bee from the Original Valentine Set and the big bee from the Remix Set. The papers are from Sasafrass Lass and the sentiment from StarvingArtistamps.



I made some mistakes on this one too, but they were easier to cover up, so I'm not going to point them out. I'm going to try to make a few more cards today, so hopefully I'll have more to post soon.

7 comments:

  1. www.starvingartistamps.com6:29 PM

    WOW!!! look at these cards! I dont know what you dont like about in either of these cards! They are so super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, then , I guess it's true that we are our own worst critics. There is absolutely nothing "wrong" with these cards...they're fabulous! They really, really are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my - you are WAY too hard on yourself, your first card is awesome just like the second! love your handmade lacy doily! I really need to send you my address so I can have a DF illustrator original card *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE both of your cards, Irene!! They are so fun and colorful!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are AWESOME, Irene!! Totally fab! Don't be so hard on yourself.

    Oh I believe I'm the happiest girl in town right now, 'cuz I finally went home to Denmark today and just made it in time for the post office - and got my package from Tracey! YUMMIE!! So I've been mounting and stamping and colouring your Doodles all night...and feel quite satisfied with my work so far! Tomorrow I'll try to make some cards. YEY!
    You and Tracey are the best girls ever!

    *lots of love*
    //N

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the others - don't be so hard on yourself! Your cards are totally awesome. So happy and colorful, I love them. You are a super card maker as well as the best stamp artist in the world!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete