Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's Good To Be Me

One of the most rewarding aspects of being a stamp designer is seeing the cards and creations others have made with my drawings. I've found that the only thing that tops seeing a card in the blogosphere is having one in my very hands. This month, my mailbox has been gifted with several sweet surprises and wonderful creations from some people I'm so glad to have come to know through this internet/stamping community.

Last night I was completely caught off guard by the arrival of these incredible cards by Eva Andren. Eva is one of my favorite stampers from Sweden and I'm so lucky that she's adopted the DoodleFactory into her work.


A few weeks ago, I was also the lucky recipient of the most thoughtful and jam-packed craft-package sent by design team member extraordinaire, Donna Baker. Not only did Donna send me one of her perfectly-made cards with a sweet note, but she instantly doubled (tripled?) my stash of ribbon and sent me a bunch of those fun flowers I've been eyeballing everywhere.


And working backwards to the beginning of the month, came a super-fun card from the newest design team recruit, Kathy Daume. Photos of this card do not give it justice. When I first held this card in my hands, I just kept staring at it, completely mesmerized, and I'm not even kidding! I don't know how anyone could not appreciate the wonder that comes in a hand-made card.


Thank you again to everyone who makes this drawing "hobby" of mine so satisfying, and thank you for sharing your creations which are all an inspiration for my own card-making. Yes, I'm stealing all of your ideas and techniques!

PS, I don't know why blogger auto-formatted my pictures to make them so small, but you can click on them to make em bigger if you want a closer look at anything.

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! You deserve them, Irene!! Thank you for sharing everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are such fun cards! love the shamrock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what awesome cards by Eva (For Irene Moki card is my favorite!) & Kathy's -love her GREEN card. you deserve this & more with the talent you bless us with to create our cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. www.starvingartistamps.com6:13 PM

    You'll be seeing lots more cards from Eva soon, since she is one of our guest stampers this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It IS good to be you...lost stamps not withstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWIE!! Since green is my favorite color, that green card really caught my eye. Certainly an amazing piece of art. You're right-it IS good to be YOU!

    ReplyDelete