Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ta-Dah! (Well, Not Quite Yet)

Sorry for the disappearing act, folks. I was caught up in the nitty gritty details of the next set (sure to be seen on the Starving Artistamps Blog soon, if I know Tracey). Here's how this last set went:

(2 Weeks Ago)
Tracey: I need you to draw X,Y & Z - Can you do it in 10-14 days?
Irene: No problemo!
(One week later)
Irene: *sketch*sketch*sketch*sketch* x 10,000 (sends Tracey 3 sketches)
Tracey: Those are awesome!
Irene: *crumple* (that's delete in the analog world) *sketch* sketch* sketch*
(The next week)
Tracey: *ahem* Uh, hows it going? It's day 10!
Irene: *stalling* ohhh, It's going. I changed everything though.
Tracey: Nooooooooo! It was perfect the first time!


Ahh, sometimes I get caught up in trying to get a character 'just right', which is kind of silly because DoodleFactory is all about imperfection. I need to make a habit of drawing everyday so I don't lose my groove. I hadn't drawn anything since January and when my pencil first hit paper two weeks ago, it was like drawing with a lead hand (no pun on my mechanical pencil intended). My first few sketches after a long drawing drought are always comically bad. I should scan them in and show you some day, but I'd probably be too embarassed.

Now it's been two weeks since I've made a card and I've probably lost my mojo on that too. Maybe I need some time management classes. I was really excited to use some new goodies I bought from JoAnne's too. I went in armed with my 40% off coupon, aiming only to buy a paper-cutter so my cards could finally have 90 degree angles. But then the whole freaking store was 40% off and I was a goner.

I have to say, Copic Markers are my favorite "tool" for card-making, but Paper is what really gets me excited. Frankly, I don't think I even need to use the paper, I just like to have it. I get a little tingle browsing paper designs online or at a store, and my heart goes a-flutter when I bring a new pack home. My latest purchase is the DCWV "Green Stack". It's 70% recycled and 100% adorable. I can't wait to load some DF characters onto these, but it'll have to be another day since we're supposed to do a spring cleaning of the apartment :(.


So which crafting materials/tools are your must-haves and cant-live-withouts?

9 comments:

  1. I cant' wait to see!

    I have the 4 x 6 Green Stack and have been using it A LOT! I should have bought the 12 x 12, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm really looking forward to some more DF-stamps! Will keep my eyes peeled.

    That paper stack looked really nice - the colours are gorgeous!

    My must-haves when I make cards must definitely be my edge scraper and my fluid chalks - I just can't seem to do anything without them. My Copics are newcomers on the list as well - the more I use them, the better the result seem to be.

    Take care!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought this stack but it wasn't on sale & I didn't have a coupon and I can't bring myself to pay full price for anything! I hope the drawing is coming along, seems like you're too hard on yourself because we ALWAYS love what you do! and drawing, card-making should be a daily thing, I hate when my mojo takes a vacation! stamping must-haves...my guillotine cutter, peerless watercolors, Gina K pure luxury white cardstock, memento tuxedo black ink, rhinestones, brads, ribbon, stickles - that's a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what images you are adding to the DoodleFactory line. :)Please don't leave me hanging too long.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the new designs!

    I am also a paper addict (although I do have quite a few Copics as well!) and am really LOVING the DCWV stacks!! I am in serious trouble since they released all those new ones recently - MUST resist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things I can't do without:

    Copics
    Double sided tape
    Stickles
    Spellbinder dies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you have for us, Irene!

    I can't live without my Nestabilites, Copic markers, Scor-Pal, Stamp-a-ma-jig, ATG (adhesive gun).

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are halarious!

    back when I was an art student...I did the same thing...

    and typically, the first time around is the best...

    Can't wait to see "X, Y & Z!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. www.starvingartistamps.com6:50 AM

    Well in all fairness to me... The first sketches were completely perfect and I instantly bonded with them. I dreamed up cards with them. You can't go making me attached to them and then changing them around and taking them away!

    ReplyDelete