Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Always Late To the Party

I'm a day behind again, but better late than never is becoming my mantra. Starving Artistamps is hosting this week's sketch at 2sketches4you. If you go to that link, you'll find some goodies in addition to a bunch of inspirational cards.

Here's a peek at the sketch & bonus sketch:


I started off doing the original sketch, but my card wanted to go the route of the bonus sketch instead. I used Buttons and Stella, plus the daffodils from the newest DoodleFactory Easter release. If you look closely, I jazzed up their outfits with some embroidery thread and copper brads. I had something completely different in mind when I started this card, but I'm still happy with the final outcome. The ribbon text is a rub-on I received in a booklet from ScrapAddicted. This is my first time using rub-ons, but I think I may be in love with them!


Just so you know, I was originally inspired by this work by Claire Mojher. I loved the black and white drawings enhanced by the splash of color and texture and wanted to give it a try with my stamps. I thought I'd be giving my copics a rest, but I guess I just can't resist coloring everything! I am going to give it another try though because I really like the look. Too bad I don't have an embroidery machine to make it really perfect.

Oh, and one more thing! Have you seen the monster giveaway over at Craft Critique? Head on over here for The Big Prize.

8 comments:

  1. cuteness! love the big buttons on their clothes (brads) I should send you some of my rub-ons, they're collecting dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, Buttons and Stella are simply adorable. I agree with you, most of the stamps can definitely be used all year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Irene!!! :D
    I must have Buttons and Stella! :)
    They rock! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeaaah! Too cute! Love your creative ways of decorating their costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on the sketch! Great colors!

    XOXO
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re. your question: I make that distressed edge myself using this and then some fluid chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irene, this is so fab! I love all the clothing detail! And yes, aren't rub-ons so so fun?! I love them, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, Irene!! I love your brads and embroidery floss!! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete