Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!


This is my favorite card from the batch I made this weekend and the one Michael liked the best, too. For some reason it photographed the worst, though, and I had a hard time getting the colors to look like they do in real life.

This is going to have to be my Earth Day card. I didn't make a earth-themed card, but the background paper comes from the DCWV Green Stack which is 70% recycled, and the other papers are scraps I had from other projects.

I thought I'd make a card welcoming "Heidi" to her new neighborhood.

I'd also like to give you a look at the back of this card so you can see the new personalized stamp I ordered a few weeks ago. A while back, I'd received a couple of awesome cards made by Kathy Daume. I just love this lady's work, and she had the cutest insignia on the back of her cards. I begged her to reveal her source, but she was on a cruise and couldn't get back to me before I stumbled upon a coupon in Martha Stewart's magazine for expressionery.com.


I'm happy with my expressionery stamp, but I really like the selection of designs available at Kathy's source too: www.sweetpapery.com. Speaking of Kathy, she's a finalist in the MFT Idol contest at SCS, and you NEED to check out her blog and help her win this contest, because her work is amazing and she deserves it. She's a StarvingArtistamps design team member, so you'll also see all of her fabulous DoodleFactory cards too!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS CARD! It's totally fantastic! When I first saw this neighborhood stamp, my first thought was to make a "welcome to the neighborhood" or "new home" card. Great minds think alike! :) I haven't gotten to use mine yet, but I have big plans for this weekend when my husband is out of town (and it's supposed to be storming too--the perfect reason to stay inside in my jammies and stamp!).

    You are TOO TOO sweet to give me a shout out! :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete