Thursday, June 04, 2009

I'm a Technique Junkie

I'm a few days late in posting the news, but I've been credited with a "technique" and published in Pat Huntoon's Techique Junkie Newsletter. Most of you would have already seen this card if you were around for the first ever StarvingArtistamp Blog hop for the release of the Set the Scene background stamps, but I've had to remove it from my blog until now.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to try this in the stamping world, but the pastoral landscape of the country scene just lent itself to a painterly style (even though I was working with copics) and using dots and dashes as accents came naturally. There was some debate over what to call this, but I was definitely influenced by the era of Impressionism. For the record, it's been dubbed the "Van Gogh" technique and if you subscribe to the Technique Junkie Newsletter you can see Pat's instructions as well as a range of incredible cards created by the Starving Artistamps design team.

If you'd like to give this technique a try, please visit this post on the Starving Artistamps blog and enter your creation. There's even a prize for a full sheet of SA rubber (and no you don't have to own or use any SA stamps to enter, you just have to show your take on the "technique").

From Blogger Pictures

4 comments:

  1. very pretty! love how you made the nestie look like a picture frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Irene! Now you can add "famous technique inventor" to you long list of accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, Irene!! I'm so proud of you, you are a true ARTIST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to promote yourself!!

    ReplyDelete