Tuesday, June 09, 2009

My First Feltie

I signed up for an online Intro To NeedleFelting course thru joggles.com. Last night I completed the first project, which was an egg.


So far I like needlefelting and hope to turn some of the DF characters into needlefelted-beings. I did manage to stab my thumb quite thoroughly with the felting needle and it still smarts today (the instructions warned this could happen if I stopped paying attention to what I was doing). I also broke one of the three needles the felting kit came with which was another bummer. So far felting is slow-going, but its amazing what you can make out of a clump of sheep fuzz, and I look forward to learning the more advanced shapes.

I think we get instructions for the next project this Friday, so I'll be sure to share how it goes.

9 comments:

  1. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How CUTE is that little fellow?!! So sweet!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the felting work I have seen done!! I would so totally ruin my fingers, though...I will love watching you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my - is this ever cute?! totally makes me smile! sorry about the casualties - your pic of eggward norton looks like a magazine cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously cute! You HAVE to do a Yapples feltie...you just HAVE to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOO CUTE!!! I'd LOVE to see the DF critters in felt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is adorable!! ... he is a HE, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS...gotta love the succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soo cute! I can't wait for you to turn some of the Creatures into little felt guys. My yongest daughter is into that stuff and it seems like a lot of fun. I'm going to have to try that as well.
    Oh, btw I'm still waiting eagerly for Creatures II....:D

    ReplyDelete