Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Classic Decor

Welcome to the next stop on the StarvingArtistamps/DoodleFactory: Classic Decor Blog Hop. (Woah, that's a mouthful!) If you're on track, you probably jumped here from Natasha Trupp's blog. But if you're lost and want to start at the very beginning, head back to the company blog where you'll find the entire blog-hop path PLUS information on the 3-Day special going on at StarvingArtistamps.com. In addition to all the eye candy you'll see along the way, you don't want to miss out on the secret blog candy hidden in one of the stops.

Now onto my contribution to the hop. Playing with this set felt like playing with a 2D Doll House, and I found myself having fun moving the pieces in infinite configurations. I aspired to make one long accordion-style card with every last image in it, but I was feeling a bit rusty and had to reign in my compositions to include just a few stamps to showcase.


As you can see, the style of this set is a bit of a departure from any of our previous releases. There are two new characters in the set, and my boyfriend informed me that they don't look like my "usual" work. I purposely made them more "refined" to go with this "refined" set of furniture...however, I think the good ole DoodleFactory fans will find these images will still work quite well with any of the DF sets.

Both of my cards combine some of the old with some of the new. On top, I used Ambrose, the chaise lounge, pillows, cuckoo clock and frames from the Classic Decor set. The portrait wall is made up of a half-dozen mini-Yapples from the original Creatures Set.

Below, Banjo from the Valentine Remix set is having coffee with his newest neighbor, Ms. Poose. I thought the wainscotting made a pretty good bar when fitted with bark-paper slats, and the side table doubled as a cat stool. See? Versatile!



Anyway, I won't take up much more of your time because there's still plenty of blog hop to go! Next, please point your mice in the direction of our very special guest designer and DoodleFactory's biggest cheerleader: Dawn Mercedes!

38 comments:

  1. oh how FUN! I totally love the coffee bar scene with Banjo & Ms. Poose! your cards are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! First of all, thanks for designing these, they are SO much fun. That bar scene is amazing! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS!! Laughing out loud at Yapples' family!! No wonder he is such a NUT!! That mustache---TOO MUCH!!! LOL!

    AND the table as a bar stool!! the wainscoting as a bar!!!!!!!!

    Crackin' me up!
    Well done, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROTFLMBO yapples with the beard and mustache pure GENIUS. These are just SO INCREDIBLY COOL! Brilliant ideas, terrific execution, awesome coloring. You really rocked it kiddo.

    I love it when you have time to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scenes. I especially love the dog and cat stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! The "come for coffee" card is wonderful! I am in love with the colors and the use of the stamps. Versatality rules!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rah, rah Ree! Kick them in the Knee!

    Rah, rah RAY! These are a grand soiree! haha...glad I only have to cheer for these stamps?? haha...

    I love the idea of the coffee bar. I couldn't get myself to not have that wainscotting go across the card. Smart idea!

    AND THOSE PIX! I need the frames and the mini creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your cards Irene!! The Yapples family portraits are hilarious and I love the coffee card - great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Irene, your cards are so funny...your portraits are cracking me up.

    This is a fabulous new set, the images are so much fun to play with! You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the greatest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the coffee scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute!! Love all the detail in the first card. And, that coffee bar is so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Irene - my stamp designer idol above all...you've done it again! I've had so much fun creating with your new stamps - this set is so usable and versatile!
    Love your cards too - cute and clever as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards! Love the details. Especially on the first one ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing, Irene! All those mini Yapples just crack me up - so great!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - great cards!!

    What fun! Thanks for being part of the cool blog hop. I love seeing all of the talent and inspiration from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUPER CUTE!! I adooooore the bar! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What FUN artwork! These are truly priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG - I laughed out loud when I saw the first one - I love all the crazy relatives on the wall!! Your cards are always stories, and I just get lost in them. TFS.

    Remember when you "weren't a stamper?" I don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Banjo is GREAT! love all your cards... so inspiring :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! these cards are a lot of fun! love the wall card with all the portraits hanging and the chandelier! awesome collection!

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just loving all the cards that everyone has come up with for the blog hop with the new set. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  23. clever use by having the animals serving and drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it all! I love the bartender!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG love the new stamp set and those sentiments are great

    What fabby cards.

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for another fabulous set! Love the Yapples framed pictures (just like home--LOL!) and the wainscotting as a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You absolutely ROCK, girl!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Come for coffee is simply super! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the coffee bar card - those critters are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cards! I love the wainscotting used as a bar! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. too cute, love the animals at the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Irene, this is such a fab fab release!!!! I love your come for coffee card. Such a cute idea, and the coloring on that fat cat is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love these new sets! and the beards on the relatives in the pics are so fun!! great cards to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow...both of these are are incredibly creative and wonderful!! I putting these on my wish list for a future purchase for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You all are so talented, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great set to get carried away with!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those frames are just priceless! And I would LOVE to know how you created that woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete