Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nutty


Here's the other card I ended up making this weekend. Again some failure with the embossing powders (which you can barely see in my craptacular photograph), but I'm still stalking (stocking??) it up to more experience gained.

All stamps are from the new DoodleFactory: Into The Woods set. I used a coppery embossing powder on the inset tree, and let me tell you, it's like a science experiment when you apply heat to these things. One moment you've got brown powder, the next you strike gold (or copper) as the heat sets in and reveals the metallic sheen. Must practice more with this stuff.

6 comments:

  1. What clever ideas! Your cards are definitely cute. :)

    Please visit my blog for some FREE crafty blog candy! http://stampintracy.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Irene!! I'm loving the new images!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, you did it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is sooo super cute!!! I love it! makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it - it's like a clean & simple Swedish Collage card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete