Monday, May 31, 2010

Return of the Felties

Remember when I tried to learn needle felting? It's been almost a year since I first (and last) took a stab at it (har har), but I got the sudden itch to craft some creatures this weekend.

I used one of my favorite characters from the Creatures II set as my model. My first attempt came out a bit too small, and didn't allow for the detail I wanted, but he made a good little brother for the second, larger one I tried.

DoodleFactory Feltie





You guys, this may be my favorite thing I ever made with my own two hands. Who should I make next?

9 comments:

  1. OMG Irene, you really are amazing! I love felt Elbo and his little brother and the cute little scenes you have made for them. I'm going to show my felting daughter, she will go wild. Please try Flob, Zed or Spinkle - I'd like to see all of them in felt. I do admire your fantastic creativity, it must be so inspiring being you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you are so talented! They are so cute! Gorgeous work.
    I would love to see Flob ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE ARE SOOO COOL! WOW!! Are you going to sell them?? ;) ;)

    I would love to see Cappie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh they are just too cute! I'd love to see them all as felties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe, Irene. You just blow me away with this stuff! I'd love to see a feltie Yapples or Zed. Heck, you should do them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me want to try felting! These are just so adorable. My favorite characters from the new Creatures II would be Spinkle, Unger and Flob. I think Clowd would be a good candidate for felting though. But Goonter would be my top pick.

    From the first creatures set... Scoober and Tobias would be awesome too. Oh heck just do them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...these are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness!! these are SO stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete