Sunday, June 06, 2010

Something Different



A good friend asked if I'd be so inclined to help her decorate the walls in her daughters' room. I was a bit apprehensive. I've always envied those who could paint, but alas, I never learned myself. Since painting is not my strength, I figured I'd work with what I have, which happens to be a lot of decorative papers, and what I know: drawing silly characters. I came up with 3 collage pieces. The larger is 9"x12", the smaller ones closer to 5"x7".

You might notice the Doodle Factory Neighborhood in these scenes. I drew a few more buildings on the computer and printed, then cut them out. The characters are all hand drawn and mostly colored with pencil and some markers.

I don't know if this is what my friend had in mind, but I hope she likes them!

4 comments:

  1. Oh these are just delightful! I'm sure your friend will be tickled to have such original works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene dearest...these are WONDERFUL!! Love everything about them - the colors, the patterns, the doodles. Pleeeease make those new characters into stamps, won't ya?

    XO
    //Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything said above, pleeeaaase let them be rubber stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete