Monday, August 02, 2010

Sitting Pretty

See the post below for my rambling ruminations on the latest DoodleFactory® release to debut at StarvingArtistamps.com. By now, you can see the entire set at the shop, and even partake in the 3-Day sale going on. I only have two examples to share so far, but you should check out the design team's creations on the StarvingArtistamps blog.

As I mentioned earlier, coloring in people is a ton of fun. In fact, I spent so much time coloring the characters [I have about 5 others already inked up] that I ran out of time on the actual card-making process. All of the characters in these [two] sets are drawn in a seated position. They're made to coordinate with other sets like the DF Boudoir and DF Classic Decor, but as you see below, they can work entirely on their own as well.

First up is "Penny" from the Sophisticates: Take a Seat set. The Sophisticates are kind of the evolution between the DoodleFactory Grace Girls and the limited number of people I've ever drawn before on the DF line. The set of buildings in the background of this card is the DoodleFactory Neighborhood.


Next is "Daphne", who is probably my favorite character because I wish I could pin up my hair in curls like that. She's kind of a nymph and when I was rooting around for ideas, I pulled out my FlowerSoft snow globes that Tracey had sent me a few months ago. When I paired the image and globe with some flowers, I instantly thought of an iconic scene from a movie a few years ago. 50 imaginary points to the person who guesses what scene I'm thinking of. The fur is incidental - I threw it on the top of the card as an easy way to embellish the front, but the flowers [in red] are key. I even had to color a bunch of the flowers myself with my red copic pen since I didn't have enough in my supply.


That's it for now. I didn't get a chance to show you any of the images from the "Cutie Kids" set, so here's a look at everything you can find in these two sets. Make sure you stop by the shop to take advantage of the 3-Day 15% Off Sale and check out the SA blog to see more samples!


2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhh la la....me like!!!!!!! The fuir card!!!!! it super duper great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... American Beauty!! LOVE these images Irene!! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete