Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bendable Poseable

I know I should be using my free time to make more DoodleFactory drawings, but I've been all about felties lately. I think since most of my work exists in a 2-Dimensional and often digital-only world, it's nice to do something off the computer that results in a tangible object.

Here's the latest member of the DoodleFeltery. Mike calls him "Brutus". He's about 3" and his limbs and tail are bendable thanks to some floral wire buried beneath the wool. I didn't model him after any characters I've drawn in the past. I just started felting and let him take his own shape.

Napkin drawing by Mike - he helped figure out what kind of face to give this guy.


I went to Mike's art studio the night I finished. That's some of Mike's tape art, out of focus and in the background of this photo.

6 comments:

  1. I am all about felted critters and if you ever decide to sell these guys let me know!!! I am always stalking felties on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm still not sure when I'll ever get to a point of selling these since they're kind of time consuming, but this blog will be the first place I post about it if it does happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is so cute with his 2teeth sticking out! Hope life is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That is the most gorgeous felted critter I have ever seen in my life! Wow! i am so in love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe he is such a cute and lovable monster! You know where these would look so cute? In our nursery (hint hint)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Brutus, please make him in rubber as well - he really needs to be stamped! I love Mike's art in the background as well, you guys are amazingly creative.

    ReplyDelete