Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Flying Away...



I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but in just a few days, I will be getting on a plane to Queretaro, Mexico to attend a workshop hosted by Angela Ritchie's ACE Camps and taught by an art hero of mine, Geninne Zlatkis.

I'm so excited to learn from someone I've admired online, and experience it all in a different country. I haven't picked up a drawing pencil in ages (boy am I going to be rusty when learning watercolor and journaling techniques), but I was inspired by Geninne's work to create this little felted bird. Either I'm getting slightly faster, or birds are just easier to make. I finished this guy in just a few hours in between design jobs yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, your little felted birdie is too CUTE!! Love Geninnes art blog, she seems to be as obsessed with birds as I am :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE my felted birdie, he's so happy here in Queretaro :) Thanks!
    It was my privilege to meet you Irene, thank you so much for coming to visit and for your very kind and generous words. I'm very honored.

    ReplyDelete