Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Monster Love

Did you all have a great Valentine's Day? I'm a super lucky girl with a super sweet guy who doesn't skimp at Valentine's even after many years together. Yesterday I was surprised with flowers delivered to my office (he is very involved in choosing very specific and customized arrangements - no mass-produced Telafloral assembly-flowers). I was also chauffered home, taken to dinner at my favorite neighborhood restaurant, and given a handmade card, plus tickets to a Cirque Du Soleil show that's in town (to be redeemed tomorrow night!).

My gift to him was far less expensive and extravagant, but it was definitely made with love:



This is the first felted keychain I've ever made, and I told my boyfriend he'd be the guinea pig to test this prototype. I've had people tell me I should sell the felties I make, but they're usually so time-consuming that I prefer to keep them or give them away to special friends. It was definitely a lot quicker to felt this smaller sized creature, so if it withstands the rough-and-tumble abuse of being a keychain, I might actually make a few more and post them on etsy [some day].

9 comments:

  1. He is gorgeous, Irene! I love his look and the little heart on his but! :) Sounds like you had a fab Valentine's Day, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like little monsters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy valentine day special. Would like to go with these moments.
    It is a chance to show your Love to their livers.
    Please visit on these keywords :-- led downlights | modern light switches | Designer light switches | Glass light switches

    ReplyDelete
  5. This monster i so sweet <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! I'm Ellie and I'm 15, I recently set up a blog Hello there! I've just started a beauty blog for teenage girls all about teenage life, beauty and fashion! Have a look at someoneoriginalhere.blogspot.co.uk I'm only just starting up and I'm sorry if you see this as spam but I want to try and get as many views and likes possible! Please spread the love and have a look! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoah this weblog is fantastic i really like studying your articles.

    - Duct Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning | Furnace Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be incredibly boring—and besides, it would be adding to the glut of pointless utterance. Instead, you should be trying to make the best possible case for an original idea you have arrived at after a period of research. More help with essays here www.au.essay-writing-place.com.

    ReplyDelete