Thursday, February 09, 2012

Hello, Old Friends

I'm sure this blog has been retired from anyone's radar, but I have a bit of news to share anyway.

The DoodleFactory is returning from dormancy with an upcoming stamp release at StarvingArtistamps. I can't reveal the set yet, but here's a little clue of what you might see on the new plate. After I finished my drawings, I dug out my wool and barbed needles to make this guy inspired by one of the characters. I've been really busy lately earning a living/doing the freelance thing, so it was fun making something for the sake of creating something new.

7 comments:

  1. i am definitely still here. :) Oh wow, that is soooooo cute!!! I wish I knew how to create these cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also still here! Can't wait to see the new set of images! I'm with Laura - would love to know how to create felties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura and Sheena! There are a lot of great felting books out there, but I learned via instructions I found on the web. I paid a small fee for step-by-step tutorial that showed how to make and egg, duck and rabbit (I never did make the rabbit since I was eager to try my own characters)....I can't remember where I got my specific tutorial, but I think there are actually a wealth of free youtube videos and websites that show you how to felt. Here's one I found just now: http://www.thefeltedewe.com/needlefelted_apple_instructions.html

    I think felting is really easy to pick up and I just love it. It can be a bit time consuming and it's AWFUL when you accidentally stab your finger with one of those barbed needles, but otherwise, it's so much fun! (I purchased a lot of my dyed wool and needles on various etsy shops, and bought a bulk of the core (undyed) wool from a seller who owns a sheep farm off of ebay).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sloth is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little guy, he is just adorable. I also love the new set, can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Hi I saw your work on dear crissy's blog for her son's first birthday and I was wondering if I could the same cake & cupcake toppers from you, is there an email I could contact you from? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! Really love the colours and patterns here Lisa! :)

    - Duct Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning | Furnace Cleaning

    ReplyDelete